£93,735 - £108,075
Permanent, Full time
Location: This is a national vacancy, the successful candidate may be based at any of our main centres in the UK, final location to be agreed at interview
NHSBT is a growing organisation that is changing at pace to meet the needs of the NHS and patients. A great example is the way we quickly responded to patient need during the pandemic and established the biggest Convalescent Plasma trial in the world.
We play an important role in bringing together partners from across the health and care system to drive the improvement of clinical outcomes and reduction of health inequalities in our specialist areas of transfusion, transplantation & therapeutics. We are more than a provider of a critical range of products and services, we also play a key role in research and clinical education and training.
With so many opportunities to save and improve even more lives it’s important to have an organisation wide strategy that inspires our staff and stakeholders, drives the work that we do and enables our Board and Executive to make the right choices and investment decisions.
We are currently in the process of creating the first comprehensive NHSBT wide strategy and are on target to launch in April 2022. The strategy provides the opportunity to bring the organisation together to work, driving a change in culture from working in ‘silos’ to one where we work in partnership with the NHS, communities, donors and patients to deliver improved experiences for donors and better clinical outcomes for patients. The strategy will also bind together refreshed service strategies covering areas like Blood Supply, Organ Donation and Transfusion.
This role provides the opportunity for you to drive the continuous improvement of our exciting and ambitious new strategy and lead the embedding of that strategy into multi-year business and investment plans.
If you’re wondering why this might be a good next step in your career, here are some of the reasons our CEO and Executive colleagues think you should consider joining us:
● The organisation is unique in the NHS because of the breadth of our work, alongside our clinical focus we are leaders in consumer marketing and complex supply chain.
● We are at the forefront of innovation in cellular and gene therapies as well as specialist diagnostic services.
● We are a truly national organisation enabling you to get a perspective across the whole UK healthcare system.
● We work closely with international counterparts, providing opportunities to build a world-leading strategy and build knowledge of international healthcare.
● We recognise the importance of investing in digital, data and technology capabilities to drive transformation.
● This is a new role that you can shape. You will be the most senior strategy expert in the organisation, and you will be regularly working with the CEO and the Executive and presenting at Board.
Closing date: 15 November 2021.
Interviews will be held remotely w/c 13 December 2021.
For further information please contact email@example.com
To apply please click the Apply Button
Three small words, one big difference - Caring, Expert and Quality.
Visit our website to view videos which explore the journey of donors.
Together we'll save and improve more lives than ever.