An exciting new opportunity has arisen to work for an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an Associate Director of Clinical Governance focusing on Safety.
The post will be working in the Northwest on a band 8B. Our client is looking to recruit permanently, although would look at candidates interested in a fixed term contract. On-site working will be Required.
The post holder will lead the strategic vision in relation to Safety, Patient Experience, Patient Safety and Risk Management. Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- To guide and lead the Clinical Governance team, utilising expert advise to oversee and manage, reporting to executives;
- Responsible for Health and Safety standards, leading on the embedding of the Risk Management Framework and the coordination of the Corporate Risk Register on behalf of the Executive team;
- Coordinating and triangulating Health and Safety and Risk assurance into the wider Clinical Governance teams and systems to improve patient, staff, and visitor safety;
- Lead on effective Integrated Risk and Governance strategies including processes, systems, and training to implement these strategies locally, to ensure safe and effective care for patients;
- Expert understanding of clinical governance, regulatory compliance and the requirements of our external regulators and will need to be a dynamic and a transformational leader;
- Oversight of the implementation of CQC recommendations and monitor delivery of the improvement plan;
- To be politically aware, able to deal with stakeholders effectively, able to deal with MPs, police, families, and management of complaints.
- Considerable management experience at a senior level in a healthcare setting including staff management;
- Experience of interpreting, analysing, and using highly complex, sensitive, and contentious information;
- Extensive specialist knowledge of the health & safety and Risk Governance procedures;
- Leadership and oversight of the Clinical Governance team;
- Effective communicator with excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to think, plan and act strategically.
If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability.