An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Patient Flow and Discharge Lead.
The post will be based on the South East Coast, on an interim basis for 12 months, at a Band 8b.
The post holder will manage and lead the Patient Flow Team, consisting of the Clinical Site Practitioners (CSNPs) and the Discharge Team.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Ensure delivery of safe, effective, consistent, and high-quality admission, transfer and discharge services for patients and their carers throughout the seven-day week;
- Responsible for organisation wide development and delivery of effective site management to meet delivery of agreed local and national performance standards;
- Lead the Integrated Discharge Bureau (IDB) to provide an efficient, robust, and streamlined discharge service to patients, families, and wards;
- Work closely with external stakeholders and system partners, reviewing and improving services;
- Develop and implement processes, policies and working practices which ensure patient pathways are routinely and robustly followed;
- Attend delivery boards and groups to represent the hospital group for flow and discharge;
- Identify and pursue innovative solutions and developments to continually improve on processes in line with strategic objectives;
- Support the ‘Hospital at Night’ service through the CSNP team;
- Develop and maintain effective communications and information systems via the operations centre to ensure that demand and capacity information is shared, understood, and used as a basis for the operational management of the organisation;
- Responsible for budgetary, recruitment and HR issues within the patient flow team;
- Oversee the development and implementation of improved and innovative capacity planning, including bed management arrangements to enable more flexible use of clinical capacity;
- Combine the best management practices and education and training initiatives to deliver the highest standard of care and to empower the team to manage and develop sound clinical practice, within an open and learning culture that identifies and addresses poor performance;
- Lead the patient flow team, providing day to day senior operational support to enable effective decisions to enable patient flow;
- Communicate clearly in situations that require divisional support and ensuring follow up of actions.
- Qualified nurse with current NMC registration;
- Post basic qualification in area relevant to practice;
- Educated to degree level in a health-related subject or equivalent knowledge;
- A master’s degree, or equivalent leadership course;
- Evidence of continuing professional development, such as attendance on internal & external programmes;
- Management qualification, and extensive recent experience in an Acute NHS environment at senior management level;
- Experience of managing flow and discharge in an Acute Trust;
- Senior operational and nursing leadership over more than one discipline/function including financial and performance management;
- Expert knowledge of drivers and constraints around effective patient flow and discharge.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com