An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Senior Project Officer - Medicines Management & Clinical Policy.
The post will be fully home based, for an organisation in the East Midlands on an interim basis for 5 months, at a Band 7.
The post holder will support the Director of Medicines Management & Clinical Policy and their team in delivery to ensure that work programmes are supported, planned, and managed effectively.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Support the Director of Medicines Management & Clinical Policy in developing and delivering in partnership with others, agreed programmes of work;
- Liaise with appropriate functions within the Organisation and across the healthcare system;
- Support the Director of Medicines Management & Clinical Policy in maintaining and developing a Project Management approach that delivers best practice in project management delivery, including a governance and assurance framework;
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives to provide, information and analytical advice and expertise;
- Develop and implement data collection systems that will provide accurate and timely data;
- Present information and issues, explaining highly complex issues, to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Contribute to performance improvement, taking a lead for identified areas where agreed;
- Supply relevant and timely specialist advice and guidance on own portfolio of projects/function;
- Work with members of the Team to investigate the causes of any variance from target/plan and proactively contribute to the implementation of solutions;
- Manage a risk and issues tracking mechanism and its proactive resolution and escalation processes;
- Provide regular reporting on the targeting of resources and monitor their implementation from a value for money perspective;
- Provide oversight and monitoring of all aspects of Team budgets;
- Evaluate projects/function within identified portfolio for delivery against financial recovery/savings plans through providing sophisticated, high quality project analysis;
- Take a lead in the co-ordination of training, development, and recruitment activity across the Team;
- Ensure timely & accurate information analysis and reporting to management on agreed areas of work;
- Contribute to the development of key performance indicators for the successful assessment of individual and workstream success;
- Oversee the strategic planning of Team projects, identify interdependencies across projects/functions, potential impacts on wider organisation, resource requirements and building in contingency and adjustments as necessary.
- A degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent level qualification or significant experience;
- A post-graduate degree in Management Studies or equivalent;
- Significant experience of successfully operating in a politically sensitive environment;
- Demonstrated experience of co-ordinating projects in complex and challenging environments;
- Comprehensive knowledge of project principles, techniques, and tools, such as Prince 2 Foundation and Microsoft Project;
- The ability to prepare and produce concise yet insightful communications for dissemination to senior stakeholders and a broad range of stakeholders as required.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com