An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Senior Estates Manager – Mechanical and Electrical.
This post will be working on a temporary to permanent basis in the South East Coast, agile working with 3 days per week on-site. This is a band 8A post with a potential to move to the bottom of a band 8B for the right candidate.
The post holder will lead, as a key senior member of the Estates Directorate Management Team, contributing to the strategic and operational management of the Directorate and ensuring that Estate’s strategies and policies are understood, and complied with.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Responsible for Estate Maintenance Services, including Reactive, Planned Preventative and Scheduled Maintenance Services at all sites;
- Oversee the everyday maintenance of the organisation’s estate portfolio ensuring compliance with the organisational, DoH, statutory and any other management requirements as well as ensuring cross-directorate and organisation wide engagement;
- Represent the Estates Operational team on Capital Project Boards to ensure that appropriate standards are applied to capital developments;
- Take handover of completed projects and adopt new assets into the ongoing servicing, repairs, and maintenance Regimes;
- Manage the organisation’s outsourced Hard FM service provider ensuring all KPI`s and contractual conditions are delivered;
- Provide key strategic input for the organisation on Hard FM Management issues, and deliver against Statutory requirements to achieve the financial and legal obligations;
- Directly manage Estates Management staff including managing, personal, performance, grievance, discipline, and sickness issues directly with individuals and apply HR polices as appropriate;
- Oversee the engineering and building planned maintenance systems, considering client requirements, changes to statutory legislation and codes of practice, and the age and condition of the plant and buildings;
- Analyse and resolve complex problems involving breakdown of critical plant affecting the organisation’s output targets and patient care;
- Assist the Director of Estates & Facilities in budget management and setting;
- Arrange periodic audits and reviews of service provision against specified requirements and use the findings to drive continuous improvement.
- Must have experience within the NHS/ a healthcare setting;
- Must have Mechanical and Electrical experience within Estates and Facilities in a similar role;
- The ability to work independently, using own initiative;
- A strong understanding of PFI is desirable;
- The ability to confidently communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on email@example.com