Woodrow Mercer Healthcare are looking for a Theatres Manager to work for a Private Organisation located in Bristol.
The postholder will provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department, maximising theatre utilisation, Consultant compliance and maintaining clinical standards.
The postholder will provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative and immediate recovery phase of care by ensuring all departmental staff members deliver high quality patient care, ensuring this is achieved with the available resources and agreed departmental budget. The role includes the following key responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Identify, develop and support opportunities for improvements in operating department practices as highlighted through evidence, research based practice and national standards.
- Ensure that Clinical Governance and Risk management are embedded within daily practice.
- Achievement of the theatre budget and specific Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage and optimise theatre utilisation in relation to booked operating sessions and availability to meet the demands of elective work.
- Manage staff rosters in the most efficient way to meet demand and balance the use of overtime.
- Ensure all audits/reviews of the departments and their performance are undertaken and implement action plans in response to findings.
- Act as a role model and mentor to clinical staff providing advice and support.
- Ensure that Clinical Governance and risk management are embedded within daily practice.
- Provide and receive patient information, ensuring that all patient information is provided, received and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Organisational Policies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as Theatre Manager.
- Relevant qualifications and training (NMC or HPC registration, post-registration Theatre/Anaesthetic qualification, CPD in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects).
- Expert knowledge of clinical practice.
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead the department.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the CQC.
- Auditing skills across clinical standards and departments.
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult and sensitive issues.
- IT Literate.
- Extensive staff management experience.
- Financial awareness and management skills.
This role is on an initial 4 Month basis:
- Start date - Immediately
- Hours/Days pw – Full time, on-site
- Rate – £500- 550pd
- Location – Bristol
For more information please contact Recruitment Consultant – Matt Cardy via email@example.com or 07437 018116, who will be happy to discuss this vacancy in more detail.