An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Divisional Governance Lead.
The post is working in London on an interim basis, initially for a period of 3 months, at a Band 8A – 8B level.
The post holder will provide support and guidance to clinicians and managers in all aspects of quality and clinical governance, managing risk in a coordinated, systematic, transparent, and focused way.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the divisional governance framework within the relevant Divisions and Directorates;
- Hold accountability for ensuring safety of services and delivery of high standards of patient care;
- Act as an expert source of advice for the divisional leadership team in respect of maintaining an integrated governance function ensuring that the division can demonstrate that its services are Safe, Effective, Caring, Well led and Responsive;
- Ensure that the Division has in place systems and processes which ensure all aspects of clinical risk is managed, including incident and accident reporting and root cause analysis of any clinical incidents;
- Highlight exceptions and risks ensuring mitigating action can be taken to keep programmes and/or projects on track;
- Ensure there are clear systems in place to monitor and review incidents, and a process to escalate serious incidents within the Division to the DDN/M/PG, DDO and DMD;
- Attend incident review meetings, to evaluate responses to incidents, monitor themes and trends
- work collaboratively with clinicians and managers, using developed analytical skills, to identify risk management priorities pertinent to particular clinical areas or departments;
- Provide senior professional leadership to clinical staff;
- Support the Senior Staff to ensure that all medical/nursing/midwifery/AHP and non- medical clinicians across the Division adhere to their professional codes of conducts.
- At least 3 years’ experience working within an acute NHS healthcare setting;
- Evidence of undertaking senior/lead roles dealing with risk management, quality of care and patient safety issues;
- Specialist knowledge of all stages of the governance cycle and quality improvement methodology;
- Excellent presentation skills & attention to detail.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on email@example.com