An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Corporate Governance Risk and BAF Lead.
This is a band 8a post working in the East of England on an interim basis to commence ASAP until the end of March 2022.
To provide specialist knowledge, advice, direction and leadership in all areas of Risk management.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- The post holder will have delegated responsibility for the management of risk and a coordinating liaison role with senior management for matters in relation to risk and incident management and wider matters of quality compliance;
- Maintaining and managing the organisation’s high level risk register and Board Assurance Framework;
- Completing a review and refresh of the Board Assurance Framework and Risk Management Framework;
- Leading and providing oversight on the management of incidents and risks;
- Monitoring and reporting on progress in relation to strategic and high-level risks, and incidents to service managers, Executive Team, Board and Board sub-committees;
- Ensuring effective use of the Datix risk management system and its proposed replacement;
- Ensuring robust administration of the Central Alerts System;
- Maintaining and improving performance against nationally and locally agreed standards;
- Ensuring that risk and incident management processes are embedded across the organisation;
- Leading on specific work plans and projects as directed;
- Ensuring that effectiveness can be evidenced through continuous demonstrable improvements.
- Previous experience of working in the NHS at a senior level;
- Post graduate risk management qualification or equivalent knowledge and experience;
- Extensive specialist and current knowledge of risk management and legislation relevant to the NHS;
- Experience developing and implementing risk management systems specifically in relation to clinical risk management systems;
- Experience of successfully implementing change and service improvement;
- Experience of analysing complex data and report writing, including Board reports;
- Specialist knowledge of both generic and clinical risk assessments and analysis of information;
- Strong report writing skills and experience of writing complex reports for management committees;
- Ability to analyse, investigate and resolve complex and occasionally sensitive matters;
- Able to maintain high standards of diplomacy and confidentiality.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on firstname.lastname@example.org