An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Clinical Lead – Cytosponge Trial (2 days per week).
Will provide a high standard clinical nursing service for patients with upper gastrointestinal (GI) disorder based on the assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of a Cytosponge clinic, please note you DO NOT need this experience as FULL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED. Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Act as a source of expertise and knowledge for both patients and healthcare professionals, and have a key role in conducting clinics autonomously;
- Provide a nurse led service in co-ordinating the outpatient care pathway for patients with suspected upper GI symptoms according to the DELTA study protocol;
- Receive and prioritise responses and arrange investigations according to documented symptoms & arrange follow up according to endoscopic findings;
- Coordinate and conduct Cytosponge triage, patient education, clinics, and procedure;
- Receive and prioritise self-referrals assessing new referrals arrange Cytosponge test according to documented symptoms;
- Act as the patient’s advocate when relevant, where information discussed may lead to choose about treatment options;
- Ensure a regular rostered commitment to working within a patient setting;
- Identify and provide Cytosponge training and knowledge required in the development of the junior colleagues;
- Actively disseminate good practice;
- Appreciate research findings as they affect physical, social, and psychological care;
- Share specialist research material with other healthcare colleagues;
- Maintain adequate records of clinical service as indicated/required;
- Recognise own limitations whilst working within professional boundaries, and continue to update and develop own clinical and theoretical knowledge of upper GI disorders and other areas of nursing and research;
- Manage workload by identifying priorities and developing supportive networks;
- Be a catalyst in the continued development of the Service promoting specialist nursing practice for upper GI disorders;
- Maintain a flexible approach and develop the post according to clinical need;
- Justify public trust and confidence and uphold and enhance the professional standing of the post.
- Qualified nurse with current NMC registration;
- Demonstratable experience of working within a healthcare environment;
- Proven experience of presenting complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com