Serious Incidents/Complaints Investigator
3 Month assignment starting the beginning of January 2022
Band 7 between £27.00- £32.00 per hour (inside IR35)- Rate negotiable based on experience
Full time (remote working available apart from time on site for induction)
Skype / Online interviews due to take place ASAP.
Baltimore Consulting are partnering with a large Acute NHS Trust in the North of England who are currently looking for an experienced Investigator to support the delivery of their Complaints/SI responses within Mental Health services. This is a great opportunity to lead and coordinate investigations and providing a quality, comprehensive, unbiased report within the allocated timescales.
Your duties as Serious Incidents/Complaints Investigator:
- Undertaking Serious Incident and Complaints investigations as per NHS Frameworks and regulations
- Providing robust analysis and documentation of findings e.g. policy, protocol, training records etc, to use the data collected to complete a comprehensive report, using a systems based approach
- Ensuring the investigation is conducted with consideration of Consent, Confidentiality, Data protection, Safeguarding
- Meeting with service user/family/carer in line with the Being Open policy, signposting to other services as appropriate, including them as part of the investigation process
- Working with clinical and operational colleagues
Experience needed as the Serious Incidents/Complaints Investigator:
- Experience of conducting complex investigations
- Ability to analyse highly complex information and provide accessible reports
- Ability to manage challenging situations, difficult conversations and distressing information with integrity, sensitivity and professionalism – with both service users, families and staff at all levels
- Positive approach to learning from serious incidents and complaints and support a philosophy of continuous improvement
- Clinical experience/qualification (preferable but not essential)
- Available references for most recent 2 year's roles.
If you’re interested in discussing this opportunity in more detail or know someone who this may be of interest to, please contact me on 0117 3137110 or apply today.