Woodrow Mercer Healthcare are looking for a Health, Safety, and Fire Manager to support a West Midlands Trust to manage and co-ordinate the Trusts Health and Safety Strategy.
The post holder reporting to the Chief Operating Officer will manage and coordinate the Trusts Health and Safety Strategy in line with the business requirements of the Trust including, developing and implementing polices, developing and delivering training requirements, investigating incidents, providing assurance on health and safety compliance etc.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Advice managers, clinicians, representatives and staff on all issues relating to health and safety at work and for providing professional skills and expertise to deal with health and safety issues in order to ensure a safe environment so that the highest standards of clinical care can be provided.
- Manage all aspects of Fire Safety as required within NHS Firecode and other related codes of practice and statutory requirements are managed accordingly.
- Responsible for undertaking fire risk assessments and for identifying fire safety risk particular to the organisation, including risk assessments as required by legislation and Firecode/HTM's.
- Develop and implement Policies and Procedures designed to achieve optimum safe working conditions that reduce the risk to staff and other people on Trust premises.
- To provide advice on the implementation and interpretation of all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Health and Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice and Procedures.
- Produce and present reports on Health and Safety and Fire activity to the Health and Safety Committee.
- Lead the Health and Safety and Fire element for the Trust to comply with the requirements contained within the Care Quality Commission (CQC) Standards and assist on other relevant standards including NHS Litigation Authority requirements.
- Write, prepare and formulate all relevant Health and Safety and Fire Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out an agreed programme of safety inspections and audits.
- Carry out training needs analysis and devise and present a range of Health and Safety training programmes.
- Manage the Trusts fire training programme ensuring all staff are fully conversant with all applicable aspects of Fire Safety.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience of working within a Health, Safety and Fire Manager role.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of safety management providing expert advice and knowledge.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Deep understanding of emergency preparedness approach in complex settings.
- Extensive knowledge of audit processes/Firecode/HTM and safety legislations.
- Leadership and ability to motivate and empower others. Positive and effective team worker.
- Ability to make judgments and apply provisions of highly complex legislation.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation including: Strong liaison and negotiation skills. Writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritise work, meet tight deadline and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, judgement and analytical skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to deliver flexible and creative solutions to difficult problems and challenges.
- Intellectually flexible to work beyond existing structures and ways of working.
This role is on a contract basis:
- Location: West Midlands
- Length: 4 Months (initial)
- Rate: Band 8a
- Hours/Days pw: Full time (3-4 days on-site)
For more information please contact Recruitment Consultant – Matt Cardy via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07437 018116, who will be happy to discuss this vacancy in more detail.