Woodrow Mercer Healthcare have been retained by an NHS Trust in the Merseyside to source a Band 8b Directorate Manager on an initial 6-month contract which will fall inside of IR35.
We are preferably looking to recruit an experienced NHS Manager to support the Clinical Directors by taking lead responsibility for all operational and tactical aspects of business, financial, activity and performance management and for the strategic planning of all aspects of the business across the directorate. You will also be responsible for the development of Business Cases within the Directorate and ensure that operational and strategic opportunities for the continuous development and improvement of the service are appropriately explored and pursued.
The management arrangements place emphasis upon personal accountability with delegated authority for the achievement of agreed targets and objectives. Specific goals within this directorate relate to achievement of patient access targets such as: 2-week rule, diagnostics within 6 weeks, cancer pathways and achievement of 62 days, RTT within 18 weeks and chronic disease management.
- Significant current experience of complex operational management in a healthcare setting.
- A demonstrable capacity and capability for operational service management in an acute hospital environment or similarly complex organisation, including staff management, financial management and change management
- Comprehensive knowledge of planned care, referral to treatment (RTT) and cancer targets
- Effective working with clinical teams and senior colleagues resulting in the successful introduction and management of change.
- A commitment to improving patient services through an ability to sustain a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals.
We would welcome applications over the festive period and will be back in the office from 3rd January 2022 to respond to potential applicants. Please note the location of the role as we are recruiting via the CCS RM6160 Framework and as such rates will be determined by that national agreement which means it is likely you will need to be live within a commutable distance of the post.
If you would like to apply or have a confidential conversation about this position, then please don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Bunn on 01218280007 or email@example.com and attach a CV.