An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large Healthcare organisation as an Endoscopy Nurse.
The post will be based in the North West on an interim basis for 3 months.
The post holder will deliver evidence-based nursing care by providing expert clinical assessment, care planning, care delivery, care evaluation and clinical advice in accordance with NMC/HCPC Code of Professional Conduct.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Develop skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care within sphere of responsibility;
- Ensure all records relating to patient care are accurate, clear, concise, legible and in accordance with the NMC/HCPC Standards for Records and Record Keeping;
- Assist in the management and organisation of work in the clinical area;
- Actively assess and manage risk within the clinical area;
- Ensure adherence to the Organisation’s Management Policy and the NMC/HCPC Standards for the Administration of Medicines;
- Participate in audits of practice;
- Partake in the teaching and supervision of other members of staff;
- Support the Clinical Governance systems to delivering high quality of care;
- Assist the Operational Managers in achieving budget control and order supplies when necessary;
- Participate in personal development reviews for junior staff if required;
- Work in accordance with the NMC code of professional conduct;
- Continuously enhance skills which will enable the taking charge of shifts, and ensure organisation and delivery of patient care;
- Support the Operational Managers in effective Resource Management;
- Contribute to ensuring the delivery of the Organisation’s targets;
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of consumables and equipment;
- Contribute to the design, development, and participation in new working practices and patterns following consultation and agreement with all concerned parties;
- Participate in the training and development of other staff as appropriate;
- Ensure communication of information of a complex nature is given sensitivity and confidentiality is maintained;
- Assist medical staff in endoscopy procedures after appropriate training;
- Develop specialist knowledge and expertise in identifying potentially unsafe or damaged instruments and act accordingly.
- Qualified nurse with current NMC registration;
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment;
- The ability to frequently manage and participate in distressing situations;
- Strong professional judgement and the initiative to promote safe practice;
- Proven knowledge of staff and resource management;
- The ability to communicate highly detailed information, which requires agreement, co-operation, and prioritisation, within multi-disciplinary teams and external associated departments/hospitals;
- Possess, or be working towards, gaining an in-depth knowledge of protocols and procedures specific and local to practice.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org