Discharge and Patient Flow Manager
4 Month assignment starting Immediately
£350-£400 per day, dependant on experience (Inside IR35)
Full time (Some remote work available)
Skype / Online interviews due to take place week commencing 20/01/2022
I am currently partner with a large CCG in London who are currently looking to appoint an Interim Discharge and Patient Flow Manager for an initial 4 month contract whilst they are advertising to the permanent position. This is a fantastic opportunity to work directly with the discharge teams in the acute units, community and social care teams to proactively ensure the management of patients being discharged from acute services into community or social care provision.
Your duties as Discharge and Patient Flow Manager:
- Monitor and ensure a responsive service for complex discharge of patients from acute trusts and ensure that patients receive safe and effective discharge care from a range of providers in a timely manner.
- Identify within the current systems and processes that are preventing effective discharge and to provide recommendations on solutions.
- Monitor the flow and average length of stay within Intermediate Care beds, liaising with senior clinicians and contract management, making recommendations for change.
- Work closely with neighbouring CCG Discharge Flow Teams to work on joint solutions.
- Implement with providers any recommendations agreed and ensure timely service change.
Experience needed as the Discharge and Patient Flow Manager:
- You will hold current active NMC or HCPC registration.
- Have extensive experience in complex Discharge and Flow within an Acute environment into the community.
- You will need to work in a diplomatic manner with external stakeholders, yet the ability to challenge the status quo
- Having an understanding of Adult Social Care regulations would be of benefit
- Must be a self-starter and understand the landscape of the business and conflicting needs across partners
- Available references for most recent 2 year's roles.