We are currently assisting a large NHS organisation in the recruitment of a Head of Governance to work in the North West. This is an interim position for 3 + months working full time with 3 days per week on-site and 2 days remotely.
The hourly rate will be between £34.65 - £41.13, working inside IR35 (through an umbrella solution company).
The post holder will lead on Clinical Governance for either Surgery or General Medicine Divisions, having oversight of Patient Safety, Quality, Complaints, Serious Incidents and Risk Management. Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Provide professional leadership on all aspects of Governance within the Division;
- Manage a range of quality improvement matters, maintaining patient safety incident processes;
- Lead on the facilitation of a robust incident and risk management principles, providing guidance in all areas of clinical safety and incident management;
- Manage the performance of Patient Safety, monitoring the quality of its services and maximising the effectiveness of the available resources;
- Provide expert advice and leadership on matters relating to risk management;
- Oversee the recording of evidence that lessons are learnt, and action taken following investigation of adverse events;
- Develop and influence robust clinical governance policies, procedures and guidelines within he Division;
- Manage the Incident Reporting Policy and associated procedures throughout the organisation, as the basis for reporting and learning to mitigate incidents;
- Guide and support with CQC actions for quality improvements.
- Must have experience within the NHS working at a senior level;
- Specialist knowledge related to the Governance agenda, including complaints, serious incidents, risk management and quality;
- Expertise leading teams/Divisions;
- Able to communicate and present findings and improvements to senior management level;
- Excellent leaderships skills, organisational and communication.
If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.