An exciting opportunity has arisen to support a large NHS organisation as a Head of Corporate Affairs. The post will be working on an interim basis for 3+ months with flexibility for on-site and remote working. The hourly rate will be between £42.16 - £49.53, working inside IR35 (through an umbrella solution company).
The post holder will lead on all related Corporate Affairs matters, offering expert advice and guidance. Develop and implement corporate governance frameworks, ensuring that the Board is properly constituted to meet its obligations. Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Lead the Corporate Affairs team, setting standards for continuous improvement to ensure an effective Board/Committee secretariat function is in place;
- Facilitate the ongoing operation of the organisation’s governance and support for all Directors;
- Ensure the organisation is adequately prepared to comply secure ongoing compliance with the complex and changing legislative and regulatory framework;
- Establish and monitor procedures to ensure that the organisation complies with the requirements of the National Health Service Act 2006 as amended by the Health and Social Care Act 2012 and subsequent legislation, reporting to the Board any matters of non-compliance;
- Establish appropriate decision-making procedures for the organisation in line with regulatory requirements and the Constitution;
- Act as the main channel of communication and information for Non-Executive Directors, specifically developing a productive relationship with the Senior Independent Director to support discharge of their responsibilities;
- Responsibility for the continuing development of the organisation’s Conflict of Interest and Hospitality policy, ensuring an effective processes are in place;
- Lead on processes to meet the Care Quality Commission’s Fit and Proper Person requirements as this relates to Board members and any other Very Senior Manager to which this applies;
- Contribute to the development of an organisational culture that embodies NHS values and standards of behaviour.
Must have experience working within a senior management level in the NHS;
- Specialist in-depth professional knowledge in Corporate Affairs;
- Recognised management or leadership qualification or equivalent level experience;
- Understanding of healthcare issues and policy, locally and nationally, with a strong commitment to the NHS;
- Understanding of processes, procedures, legal requirements;
- Highly effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written, motivational and influencing skills.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Ria Healy on 0161 416 6078 and send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate