Consultant Psychiatrist CAMHS
- Closing date
- 3 Jun 2022
- Acute Trust
- Job Type
- Medical & Clinical, Nursing
The post will be based in London for an interim period of 3 months with a competitive hourly rate based on experience.
The post holder will provide clinical leadership to the Adolescent service (12-18 years old), which also includes Assertive Outreach/crisis team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out mental health & risk assessments on children & young people, including with regards to the use of the MHA as appropriate and to support the rest of the team in managing these situations effectively;
- Assume responsibility for own case list and case management of children and families, in partnership with the MDT;
- Use pharmacological interventions, as appropriate, in partnership with children and their families and networks of care;
- Assessment and management of children and young people, and to provide psychiatric input for both routine and emergency clinical care;
- Supervision of junior medical staff;
- Attending and chairing clinical meetings as timetabled;
- Ensure that electronic patient clinical records relating to work are well maintained and meet organisation standards for documentation and communication with referrers and users;
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented to safeguard and protect children within the service and throughout the CPA process;
- Help maintain a clinical database and keep all other records and statistics as necessary and required;
- Consider safeguarding issues for each case, as relevant, consulting with other professionals and referring concerns to the appropriate safeguarding teams as required;
- Communicate skilfully, tactfully, and sensitively with children, families, and other professionals, taking account any potential barrier to communication;
- Maintain the highest standards of clinical record keeping and report writing, according to professional and Trust guidelines, including electronic data entry and recording;
- Work as an autonomous professional, within professional guidelines and the policies and procedures of the service and provide advice and guidance as appropriate to members of the MDT.
- Full GMC Registration with a License to Practice;
- MRCPsych or Equivalent;
- Experience of using an outreach approach;
- Knowledge of assessing and managing complex co-morbidities;
- Experience of teaching a range of disciplines;
- Excellent demonstrable communication skills in English (both oral and written).
Put simply, we help our clients to recruit the best possible people to lead, manage and direct their organisations. Since launching in 2005 we have become an award winning, market-leading consultancy focusing on both public and private sector Healthcare recruitment.
Leadership skills have rarely been at such a premium - as organisations across both public and private sectors attempt to improve services and standards at a time of widespread change and unprecedented financial constraints.
Like other leading executive recruiters, Finegreen has developed a pool of talent built up over many years, along with established networks, to ensure that right-match candidates get to hear about relevant positions. Where Finegreen differs from many others, is in its willingness to spend quality time with clients - to gain an in-depth knowledge of roles being filled and their importance to an organisation.
Over the last 17 years in the Healthcare market, Finegreen has developed into a Virgin Fast Track top 100 company - and was voted Recruiter of the Year at the Health Investor Awards, Top small to medium sized business at the Best Business Awards, and featured in Recruiter’s Top 10 Public Sector Recruitment providers.
- 0345 130 4006
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert