A London Hospice is seeking a Head of Inpatient Services for a 1 year Fixed Term Contract to cover secondment at Band 8a. This is key role in the Hospice and requires a Senior Nurse with relevant experience at a similar level.
We are looking for an experienced senior nurse to join the team to:
- To operationally manage the inpatient unit (IPU) services through the effective planning, prioritisation and allocation of all appropriate resources
- To develop and maintain organisational systems and processes to support integrated team working and effective communication
- To work within the organisational quality governance framework to maintain and demonstrate high standards of care and performance, and ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory standards
- To provide leadership and management support to the 45 WTE IPU nursing team (2x band 7 ward managers; 11x band 6 charge nurses; and team of band 5 RNs and band 3 HCAs)
- To lead on recruitment, induction and ongoing training, development and wellbeing support to the IPU nursing team, ensuring equal access to opportunities and adherence to organisational policies
- To utilise all directly controlled financial and human resources to best effect, within budgetary limits and in compliance with our financial regulations
- To actively work towards developing a team culture which is inclusive and empowering; promotes trust, respect and responsibility; and delivers positive and sustainable change
- Work closely with the Director of Patient Services and Head of Improvement to deliver improvement activity.
This post is for a period of one year fixed term to cover an internal secondment.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Senior nurse with experience of working in an inpatient setting (hospice or hospital ward)
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to build positive working relationships quickly
- Confident and compassionate leadership style with experience of developing a positive team culture
- Passion for quality and delivering the highest standards of care
- Attention to detail, with experience of producing reports and evidence for regulatory bodies
- Absolute commitment to inclusion
- Proactive, can-do attitude
If you have the experience in the above areas and seeking new role please get in touch.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.