We are working with an NHS organisation in London who are looking to appoint a Head of Commissioning and Contracts. This role will be for 3 months with a competitive rate based on experience.
The post holder will be required to operate within the governance arrangements of both the organisation and external organisations in commissioning and contracting current and new services, and in managing, evaluating, and reporting on contract performance and reporting.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Lead a range of service and mobilisation projects designed to ensure a more resilient system wide approach to the strategic and day-to-day commissioning of mental health services in line with the NHS Long Term Plan;
- Advise and determine on contractual new and existing commitments with major financial implications, including new contracts, block and cost per case contracts, exceptional packages of care;
- Align with the development of integrated care systems for designing/commissioning services in conjunction with key stakeholders;
- Demonstrate senior experience and detailed knowledge of developing, implementing, and monitoring commissioning and contractual arrangements;
- Show extensive and significant experience in the negotiation of commissioning arrangements and contracts with a view to improving outcomes, utilising performance information and outcomes;
- Provide examples of monitoring contracts from different perspectives, for application in public, not-for-profit and independent sectors;
- Line management/ supervision of staff, including recruitment, appraisals, and performance management;
- Implement new roles and ways of working in line with change management policies and in consultation with team members;
- Develop and implement a performance management framework to manage the performance of providers in line with contractual agreements, service specifications, and outcomes ensuring that improvement targets agreed are met;
- Work at pace and have a passion for delivering high quality patient care in a challenging, dynamic, and rewarding system.
- Extensive experience of leading, negotiating and facilitating commissioning and contractual responsibilities;
- Extensive experience of working at a senior level in a public sector organisation, including presenting to senior teams and managing senior relationships;
- Demonstrable experience of building, maintaining and utilising successful relationships with a wide range of clinical and non-clinical staff at all levels within complex organisations;
- Extensive senior management experience in the NHS;
- Advanced negotiation skills while maintaining long-term relationships in a public sector environment;
- Ability to share vision and engender ownership in others.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate.