We are working with an NHS organisation in London who are looking to appoint an Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities. This role will be for 3 months with a competitive rate depending on experience.
The post holder will be professionally responsible and accountable for the standard, delivery, continual monitoring, risk management and review of operational performance and strategic development to ensure a professional, high quality, cost effective and efficient service to meet the demands of the organisation, its patients, and staff.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Contribute to ensuring that the corporate aims and vision of the organisation are achieved;
- Accountable (of EFM) for the development of a strategy for identifying and progressing the needs-based capital investment programme on the retained estate, in conjunction with the Group Capital Projects Team;
- Work closely with senior clinical managers and staff to ensure that the organisation and hospital clinical and patient centred services are fully supported through the delivery of compliant and efficient estates services;
- Provide and promote effective professional leadership to ensure the delivery of cost effective, customer centric services to the organisation and other NHS organisations in accordance with the established service level agreements;
- Provide specialist and professional advice in relation to EFM services, strategy, planning, financial management, and operational delivery working across the organisation’s premises;
- Ensure organisation wide estates risks are systematically logged onto the Datix risk register;
- Ensure estates risks are risk assessed using the appropriate organisation wide risk assessment matrix and are updated regularly to reflect mitigation;
- Attend as required by SMT, the other Executive, and or Board Sub-Committees as required;
- Make decisions/judgements involving complicated and highly complex facts or situations where expertise in a field is required;
- Manage and contribute specific expertise into long-term operational, strategic, and planning issues across the site and wider organisation;
- Working with many external agencies, contractors, professional bodies, and authorities;
- Highly complex planning details and strategies which impact across a range of services and departments in and out of the organisation;
- Responsible for complying with financial governance;
- Responsible for service provision of contracted-out estate’s services.
- Substantial experience in the management of operational estates services for maintenance and development of Estates, facilities, and property at a senior level;
- Management of non-skilled, skilled, and professional staff;
- Management of multi-disciplinary teams and committee working;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective communication, presentational and reporting skills.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate.