Finegreen are supporting an NHS organisation in the appointment of an Assistant Director of Quality Governance.
The post will be based in the Yorkshire and Humber area, working on an interim/Fixed Term Contract basis for 9 months initially. The hourly rate will be between £49.54 - £59.11.
The post holder will be responsible for providing comprehensive senior leadership to enable the delivery of a highly effective and efficient clinical governance and quality assurance culture.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ensure that all aspects of clinical governance and quality assurance are delivered to agreed high standards which provide the best possible experience and outcome to service users across the organisation;
- Expert leadership of the regulatory agenda to ensure compliance across a range of statutory and professional functions;
- Support the Director of Nursing in developing the organisations strategic approach to quality and safety;
- Contribute to national strategy through consultation, including quality improvement and regulation;
- Engage with external stakeholders related to quality improvement and patient safety, including CCG, CQC, NHSE/I, Healthwatch;
- Lead and champion the work of the Directorate of Nursing, Quality & Professional Practice across the organisation on behalf of the Director of Nursing, AHPs & Quality;
- Provide senior, expert leadership regarding the organisational response and implementation of recommendations from external reviews and inquiries;
- Ensure that all services are adequately prepared for external inspection e.g., CQC planned and unplanned visits;
- Provide expert guidance and supportive challenge to enable effective clinical governance and quality assurance within the business units;
- Provide and receive highly complex, accurate information to other departments, colleagues, and external contacts.
- Must have experience working within the NHS/a healthcare environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the NHS in relation to colleague development, clinical quality strategies and national policy;
- Drive the provision of safe, effective and outstanding patient/service user experience;
- Excellent leadership skills, able to communicate effectively and provide guidance with expert knowledge;
- Innovative thinking and awareness of best Practice.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Ria Healy on 0161 241 9672 and send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate.