Executive Director of Nursing
- Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Closing date
- 30 Jun 2022
- Mental Health & Social Care Trust
- Job Type
- Medical & Clinical, Director, Nursing, Director of Nursing
Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust (CNTW) are seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate for the role of Executive Director of Nursing, Therapies and Quality Assurance.
It is a challenging time to join us here at CNTW as we continue to do our best to develop and invest in our services as well as our staff at the same time as dealing with the unprecedented challenges of increased demand, staffing and financial pressures. It is a period of significant change in mental health, disability and autism services across the health and social care system and we are looking for someone to join our team with a commitment to system-wide, collaborative approach to service delivery including Primary Care and the Voluntary and Community Sector.
Main duties of the job
If you can answer the following questions positively, please contact James Duncan, Chief Executive to discuss the role.
- Do you keep service users and carers at the centre of all you do and, in your mind, and heart?
- Are you committed to good relationships with the Governors, members of the Board and our colleagues of every profession and occupation?
- Can you lead and manage, support others to manage and encourage leadership throughout the Trust?
- Do you understand that CNTW cannot deliver for the people we serve on our own and that relationships with Local Government, the Third Sector and all our partners are fundamental to all we do?
- Can you fulfil the role of the Executive Director of Nursing, Therapies and Quality Assurance of a Statutory organisation and play a full part in the work of the Integrated Care System?
- Can you work with our Staff Networks and all our colleagues to combat discrimination of all kinds?
- Will you do your best to live the values of CNTW - caring and compassionate, respectful, honest and transparent?
If you can answer these questions positively, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please find the full job description in the original job listing.
We aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.
Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest healthcare Trusts in the country. Serving a population of 1.7 million, with a budget of circa £500 million and 8,000 staff, we work from over 70 sites across Northumberland, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and north Cumbria.
We have been rated outstanding by the CQC and in November 2017 won the prestigious HSJ Award for Provider of the Year.
We provide a diverse range of specialist and generic health care services to both children and adults, their families and carers and we have a number of regional and national specialist services to England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief (With the exception of Chaplaincy Posts), sexual orientation, disability including mental health conditions or other personal circumstances, and are particularly keen to receive applications from:
- people from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic background.
- disabled people whether their impairments are physical, sensory, cognitive or hidden.
- those who have lost their employment during this pandemic or who have been out of work for a period.
We are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and we have a number of initiatives including a dedicated website, Thrive - which promotes our supportive and inclusive approach to staff health and wellbeing, career development and benefits. Find out more www.thriveatcntw.co.uk
We have achieved the Better Health at Work award and Investors in People accreditation and we are proud to be recognised as a mindful employer.
The Trust is committed to achieving high standards of health for its service users, staff and visitors providing a safe environment for staff, we operate a smoke free policy on all sites.
- 0191 246 6800
St. Nicholas Hospital
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert