We are currently working with an NHS organisation in the West Midlands to appoint a Deputy Director of Nursing & Quality. The role will be working on an interim basis for 3 – 6 months with an hourly rate of £71.70, working inside IR35 paid through an Umbrella Company Solution.
The post holder will provide visible leadership, vision, advice, supervision and support to clinical professionals throughout the organisation, ensuring that consistent high quality clinical standards are integrated and embedded into all patient services.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Provide an effective professional leadership for nursing, midwifery and health visiting across the organisation at all levels, take the lead in the absence of the Director of Nursing;
- Have a regular presence in clinical areas for observing and assuring standards of clinical practice, communicating with clinical staff and patients to assess and support services;
- Provide direct support in the delivery of the organisation’s patient safety, clinical governance, and risk management objectives;
- Assist in developing the Trust’s Patient Safety and Quality Strategy and Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Strategy;
- Responsible for overseeing its implementation, reporting regularly, and providing annual reports;
- Promote the professional reputation, standards, and relationships throughout the organisation and externally;
- Responsibility for leading and managing the Patient Experience Service to ensure the patient voice is evident in standards setting and the improvement agenda;
- Update and regular report on progress and escalation of risk where appropriate;
- Responsible for identification, assessment and management of risks related to own portfolio;
- Set and monitor high standards of nursing practice across the organisation, producing reports to Committees and Boards as required;
- Identify and deliver changes in service that maximise efficiency and deliver high quality services;
- Ensure governance processes are in place to monitor and provide assurance to the Director of Nursing and Board colleagues regarding patient, family, and carer experience, providing formal reports to the Board.
- NMC Registration Nurse/NMC Registration Midwife;
- Evidence of further specialist leadership and management training plus significant experience of working at a strategic level;
- Maximum experience in a senior nurse management role including substantial recent experience in an acute setting;
- Experience of successfully leading a clinical team evidenced by outcomes;
- Extensive expertise within Quality;
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate a team;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Ria Healy on 0161 241 9672 and send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate.