We are working with a health and social care organisation to appoint a Registered Manager, Children’s Services.
The post will be based in London, on an interim basis for 3 months at a competitive rate, based on experience.
The post holder will have considerable responsibility in leading a Residential Team of Practitioners, delivering exceptional care and support to our young female residents, and ensuring the highest level of compliance against Children’s Home Regulations and Ofsted Quality Standards.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ensure all Practitioners are provided with an appropriate induction, monthly 1:1 supervision, and appraisal;
- Take the lead in setting and reviewing performance targets to ensure that work is focused and has clear direction;
- Track and QA handovers, incident reports and weekly progress and development reports - providing timely, constructive feedback;
- Promote the practice of co-production and co-design with all young residents, Practitioners and Therapists within the home and other agencies to meet the needs of all young people;
- Ensure that all young people are enabled to provide feedback about the support and services they receive at the organisation;
- Be registered with Ofsted as the Registered Manager for the Home as specified in the Children’s Homes Regulations and meet the obligations set out in Ofsted’s Quality Standards;
- Carry out the role of Designated Safeguarding Officer;
- Embed a culture of high aspirations and ambition for all young people in which they experience positive outcomes;
- Ensure 1:1 support session is delivered by Practitioners to support young people in attending education, training, or employment - including helping them develop independent study skills and complete independent study/homework;
- Lead in team meetings and in-house training sessions, promoting a positive learning culture;
- Reflect and share your training and development needs and priorities;
- Ensure effective administration and control of financial budgets and records to comply with YF Policies and Procedures.
- At least 3 years’ experience of dealing directly with young people, the public and/or Social Care in a busy service environment;
- Ability to identify and address practice and performance issues and the learning and development needs of others;
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare or working towards or other relevant qualification suitable for this position;
- A good working knowledge of relevant policy and our key external regulator Ofsted and demonstrate experience to meet the Children’s Home Regulations and Quality Standards;
- In-depth understanding of the issues, challenges and needs facing young people leaving care and how to meet them;
If you are interested in the role, please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate.