Head of Complaints and Pals
South of England Based Client - £45 per hour
Woodrow Mercer have been approached by an NHS Organisation based in the South of England to source an interim Head of Complaints and Pals to provide for and support the Patient Experience Team and be responsible for the line management and leadership of the central complaints team.
This is a full-time position which offers hybrid working with 3 days on site and 2 days remote working and two main sites in which the post holder will have to flexibly work between. As this opportunity is also on an interim basis, this will be for an initial 3-month period with the view to a possible extension.
For this role, the NHS Organisation will be looking for the post holder to start in September.
The Post Holder will be required to provide senior leadership across the Trusts to support those investigating and responding to Complaints and Patient Liaison contacts, to advise and support the trusts staff at all levels.
Another key role will be being responsible for establishing a comprehensive system for ongoing monitoring, testing and governance of the requirements of the CQC’s Regulation 16 essential standards/ Key lines of enquiry.
- Maintain effective relationships with staff at all levels and disciplines ensuring that risks, safety and quality issues both inform and translate into positive service improvements
- Identify areas of risk and monitor performance and quality of the services coming from both sides of complaints, informal and formal, received, to inform service developments
- To analyse and report on complaints and concerns ensuring that monthly, quarterly and annual reports are provided to committees and the Board when required
- Prepare and fully engage with internal and external audits to offer assurance of good complaints management
Required skills / experience
- Previous substantial experience of having worked in Complaints and PALS Experience of working to national standards
- Experience of having used analytical skills to produce necessary actions and reports
- Able to communicate with all staff and public at all levels confidently, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Datix/incident reporting system and the ability to collate comprehensive reports
- Able to prioritise workload and manage the team of complaints and PALS
Desirable skills / experience
- Experience of external complaints systems
- Customer Care
- Clinical Knowledge
If you would like to apply and have a confidential conversation about this position, then please don’t hesitate to contact Alex Knott at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV, alternatively you can contact on 07870 898061.