Job Title: General Manager
Base/Location: Kowloon Tong Hong Kong
China Coast Community (CCC) is a 39 bed English speaking Care & Attention Home Facility located at 63 Cumberland Road, Kowloon Tong. Hong Kong. Licensed by the Social Welfare Department Hong Kong. (Registered Charity No.91/1581 under Inland Revenue Ordinance)
Responsible To: Chairman (Executive Committee)
Responsible For: Facility Management
Staff, Residents, Suppliers, Families and General Public & the Social Welfare Department staff.
The General Manager is expected to ensure good governance, clinical and budgetary oversight across all departments within the China Coast Community Facility.
The General Manager is expected to direct and coordinate activities of one or more departments, such as Nursing, Housekeeping, and Maintenance and Ancillary activities of all staff of the Care & Attention Home.
The General Manager role is responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation of processes and practices within the organization’s policies and Hong Kong’s applicable licensing laws.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. The General Manager (GM) builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; and directing ethical business practices.
2. The General Manager (GM) participates in formulating and administering company policies. Directing and coordinating facility activities to meet long range charitable and business goals for the future of China Coast Community.
3. The GM works with administrative staff in developing budgets and maintaining income and expenditure within reasonable limits & within agreed budget parameters over the financial year.
4. The GM develops, reviews, updates and implements planning objectives set by the Executive Committee.
5. Meets with the Management Committee on a Monthly basis where indicated and Executive Committee on a quarterly basis where indicated. The GM is expected to manage the Agenda and Minutes of the Management meeting and attend the Executive Meeting and implement outcomes where indicated from both meetings.
6. The GM is expected to provide guidance to staff and work with administrative staff to manage all HR activities within the China Coast Community.
7. The GM maintains quality service by establishing and ensuring organization standards.
8. The GM will work with the CCC Project Architect to Deliver project objectives for a new building within time, resource and budget constraints.
Align project execution with the strategy, mission, culture and values of the organization, Identify project issues, identify innovative solutions and approaches and communicate such issues & solutions to the Executive.
Gain commitment to decisions and approaches by promoting open dialog between stakeholders and Executive of CCC.
Key Performance indicators
Qualifications: Registered Nurse in country of origin. Management Qualifications
Project Management Experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills including skills in addressing groups and public speaking and preparation of written documents such as reports & Proposals for funding
High level problem solving and implementation skills in a diverse environment
Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve organizational objectives.
Highly collaborative approach, partnering skills and the ability to gain support and cooperation from others.
Proven ability to develop and lead diverse teams and in the management of a culturally diverse workforce;
Experience with working with the aged in large organizations and the ability to transfer clinical knowledge.
Required Key Skills Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management, Project Management.
Communication Skills Very High
Flexible and Adaptable Very High
Energy Level Very High
Ability to Synthesize High
Work Ethic Very High
Honesty and Integrity Very High
Business Judgement Medium
Self Confidence High
Technical Skills Medium
Leadership Ability Very High
Decisiveness Very High
Problem Solving Ability Very High
This job description sets out the duties and responsibilities of the job at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.
The nature of the work will involve the jobholder carrying out work outside of normal working hours. As a requirement of your employment you may be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with your grade, and /or hours of work.
Revised: August 2022