We are working with an NHS organisation in the East Midlands who are looking to appoint a Head of Midwifery.
The role will be on an interim basis for 6 months, the rate is competitive dependant on experience. Candidates who are working at Band 8c currently would be welcome to apply for a step up role as the role is Band 8d+
The post holder will be responsible for leading on and delivering success across a number of key programmes within the Division. These programmes will be essential in ensuring that the Division can deliver its primary objectives and will encompass a range of aspects including productivity and efficiency, transformation, clinical effectiveness, quality and workforce succession planning.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Support the development of and promote the organisation’s mission, values, aims and objectives through role modelling and visible leadership;
- Establish and maintain effective communication flows with the Chief Nurse providing briefings on current issues as they impact on the quality and safety of patient care and experience;
- Provide senior credible professional voice in a variety of settings, attending meetings and forums, challenging where necessary to ensure compassion in care is of the highest possible standard within the organisation;
- Manage relationships with internal and external agencies and with the Chief Nurse, play a leading role in liaison with any regulatory bodies in relation to maternity services;
- Lead on compliance with and improvement against Ockenden recommendations and NHS Resolution Maternity Incentive Scheme;
- In conjunction with the Divisional Director, provide written reports for the organisation Board and Hospital Leadership Team to provide update and assurance against midwifery initiatives;
- Ensures that the Division meets all National and organisation standards which includes the setting of improvement trajectories to demonstrate a higher level of achievement;
- Contribute to and lead service redesign and new ways of working which result in improvement in performance, quality of service and patient experience;
- Responsible for working within agreed budgets for the service ensuring the delivery and release of corporate and organisation transformation savings. Adheres to organisation Standing Financial Instructions (SFI’s) and schemes of delegation;
- Working with the Divisional and care unit management teams assist with the preparation of bids for revenue and capital monies which will ensure that potential income and developments are maximised;
- Lead and engage staff across the Division to ensure that there is a clear vision which is translated into operational delivery and exceptional performance;
- In conjunction with Divisional Director, ensure effectiveness of quality governance and be responsible for quality management and patient care within the Division;
- Provide advice and support to the organisation’s governance processes in relation to the maternity and neonatal services, as required, including the organisation Board and Board Committees with responsibility for the quality assurance framework.
- Registered Midwife with NMC;
- Registered professional management and midwifery leadership experience at senior level;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence decisions at all levels;
- Experience of leading teams, including objectives;
- Inclusive and developmental personal style and approach;
- Inspiring and motivational.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate.