Assistant Director of Midwifery –
South of England based client
Woodrow Mercer Healthcare are on the lookout to source an Assistant Director of Midwifery to support and influence the local Maternity System for a Trust based in the South of England on a full-time basis.
This role is on an interim basis for a minimum of 6 months with the view to extend at the end and comes under a band 8C level. Within this role it also offers being inside IR35 and Hybrid working with 2 days fully remote working and 3 days working on site and to come alongside that would be a negotiable rate DOE. The post holder will need to be a be reporting into the Director of Midwifery.
The post holder will need to be a highly experienced senior midwife whose role will be to influence and develop the Trust’s Maternity models for the future. The post holder will also have to demonstrate a track record of leading innovation and service improvement and will possess sound knowledge of current issues impacting services nationally and locally. As Assistant Director of Midwifery, the post holder will lead and develop the lead nurse and matrons and safety leads, ensuring they are effectively managing their areas, meeting the quality standards and agreed budgets.
- Provide expert advice on issues related to midwifery and strategic leadership and guidance for gynaecology and neonates.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge by being visible, accessible, and using clinical skills within the workplace as appropriate.
- Work with the Director of Midwifery and nursing, General Manager, Consultant Midwives, and Lead Nurses to ensure a consistent approach to midwifery and nursing across the services, through collaborative working and the development of shared procedures and guidelines, supervising the auditing of practice and development of action plans.
- Supervise and set standards for both clinical and non-clinical performance in collaboration with the Consultant midwives and Midwifery and Nursing Matrons.
- Supervise the response to complaints and clinical incidents, leading investigations as required, ensuring robust systems are developed and implemented to inform and improve practice.
- Provide and deliver reports to Committees and Boards both internally and externally to the Trust.
- Advise the Director of Midwifery and Nursing and General Manager on the formulation of establishments.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a registered Midwife.
- Have access to Travel on site.
If you would like to apply and have a confidential conversation about this position, then please don’t hesitate to contact Alex Knott at email@example.com and attach your CV, alternatively you can contact on 07870 898061.