We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an Interim Head of Cancer. This role will be for 3 months in the first instance.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated between c£380 per day and has been deemed inside IR35.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Responsibility for the Operational and Performance Management, Business Plan, Financial and Staff management, and Improvement in Patient services of Cancer and Palliative Care Services;
- Lead the review of Cancer patient pathways and implement changes to achieve identified improvements in productivity and patient experience, and reduction in waiting times;
- To lead the implementation of improvements in patient focused care in line with the National Cancer plan, quality indicators published by the organisation and other relevant standards;
- Overall responsibility for relevant information systems ensuring that these are up to date and collate, analyse and distribute highly complex data and input for reporting, monitoring, and planning purposes;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures to support the delivery of Cancer services across the organisation;
- Represent the organisation on relevant internal and external committees as required;
- To lead on CQC quality improvement plans for Cancer and Palliative Care
- To work in partnership with community providers to deliver end of life pathways that meet National requirements;
- To be part of the Compassionate End of Life Care Panel;
- To be responsible and accountable for specific directorate budgets.
- Degree educated or have experience working in a similar position at band 8c level;
- Senior Operational Management experience managing Cancer and Palliative Care Services;
- Significant experience of working at a senior management or senior professional level within an Acute NHS provider setting.
If you are interested in the role, please email Toni Coates with a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.