Band 7 Safeguarding Specialist Nurse for Adults
Woodrow Mercer Healthcare have been approached by an NHS Trust based in the Northwest of England to source an interim Safeguarding Specialist Nurse for Adults to hit the ground running and support the trust on all things based around safeguarding.
This is a full-time position which offers working on site and the choice of either full-time hours 5 days a week or compressed days a week with longer working hours. The post holder will be needed for an ASAP start date and will be in the interim post for 3 months initially with the view to extend after the initial 3 months.
Reporting to the Lead Nurse of Safeguarding for Adults, the post holder will act as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) in the area of safeguarding adults providing education, advice and support to clinical st6aff relating to Adult Safeguarding. They will also assist the Lead Nurse for Adult Safeguarding in ensuring that the Trust can provide evidence of compliance with the care act of the Mental Capacity Act and other relevant Safeguarding Adult legislation to ensure the Trust provides safe, effective and well led services.
- Undertake complex safeguarding assessments, identify risks and ensure that appropriate action is taken to safeguard patients.
- Review all safeguarding incidents and ensure that appropriate actions have been taken.
- Ensure that all safeguarding documentation for patients in the acute and community settings is clear, legible and accurate.
Key Experience and Skills involve
- Strong Knowledge of what Safeguarding is and how the Trust protects their patients.
- Carry out High standards of care across the Safeguarding Adult Agenda.
- Relevant post-registration experience.
- Knowledge of legislation and experience of working with the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
If you would like to apply and have a confidential conversation about this position, then please don’t hesitate to contact Alex Knott at email@example.com and attach your CV, alternatively you can contact on 07870 898061.