We are working with an Acute NHS Trust in the North West of the UK who are looking to appoint an Interim Chief Pharmacist.
This role will be for 3 months in the first instance and has an expectation it could extend.
The candidate will represent pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation within the Trust and externally and have experience at a senior level in hospital Pharmacy.
They will be the Trust lead for Medicines Optimisation across the organisation and the Accountable Officer for Controlled Drugs.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and is offering a Band 8d rate. Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ensure strategy and operation of pharmacy service provision is progressive, responsive to internal and external demand, patient focused, safe, efficient, effective and sustainable;
- Ensure all staff are developed and supported to achieve their maximum potential;
- Take responsibility for ensuring that National Standards for Hospital Pharmacy services, (e.g. GPHC, RPS, NHSI etc.) are met exceeded and maintained;
- Drive improvements in the quality of pharmacy services, innovation, modernisation and high levels of stakeholder satisfaction;
- Take responsibility for delivering a balanced budget whilst maintaining quality and safety of the clinical services;
- Contribute to the Trust Cost Improvement Programme by identifying and enacting initiatives which will ensure maximum efficiency of service provision;
- Have accountability for the clinical audit and practice research programme which underpins an evidence-based approach to service development.
- Registered Pharmacist
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills;
- A strategic thinker with proven ability to drive sustainable quality improvement;
- A relevant post-graduate qualification and/or a management qualification would be an advantage.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Elecia Heywood on 0161 416 6078 and send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate.