We are working with an NHS Trust who are seeking to appoint an Interim Assistant Director of Finance to support the overall Financial Management of the Trust. The role will be for 6-9 months.
The post holder will be responsible for the Leadership and Performance Management of the Financial Management, Contracting and Costing departments; ensuring that these departments support Finance and the organisation in the delivery of its key strategic and business objectives.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Transform the Financial Management Function integrating with Contracting and Costing; Enabling Financial Management to develop as business partners and advisors to corporate directorates, clinical divisions and strategic planning, with knowledge and skills of income and costs, to provide robust business and commercial advice;
- Lead the annual budget setting process, planning organising and co-ordinating the work of the Finance department and staff across all divisions of the organisation;
- Run the annual Financial Operating Plan process and submission to regulatory bodies;
- Ensure the accurate and timely provision of internal monthly financial reporting information across the organisation;
- Ensure that Finance department colleagues and resources are routinely accessible to budget holders and key Executive and operational staff;
- Undertake the production, analysis, interpretation and comparison of financial issues, service developments, service reconfiguration and business cases;
- Financial Control in ensuring the relationships and links between internal and external reporting and stakeholders;
- Financial Control to ensure that the organisation implements, understands and identifies conclusions from an accurate and transparent Service Line Reporting framework and in the development of Patient Level Costing.
- CCAB or equivalent Professional Accountancy Qualification;
- Significant experience in a senior NHS finance role;
- Detailed knowledge of NHS budgeting and planning process and general NHS finance regime, including PbR, contracting etc.
If you are interested in this role, please email me on email@example.com with your latest CV included, along with your availability and expected rate in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.