Health and Safety Manager –
Temp to Perm Opportunity
Woodrow Mercer Healthcare are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to support a Midlands based NHS Trust on a temporary basis to then transition into a Permanent position for this Trust.
This is a full-time position where you will initially be providing for this NHS Trust on an interim basis for 3-5 months dependent on start date. This role also has an ASAP start date, therefore meaning the quicker the post holder can start the more time they can have before enrolling into this position permanently. This role comes under a band 8a and offers working on site for a minimum of 4 days per week however 5 days per week would be more desirable.
For this role you will be on a daily rate of £300-£320 and then you will be on annual based pay when fixed into your permanent position and the salary will be dependent on experience.
Reporting into the Head of Risk, the post holder will be act as the Trust’s appointed Competent Person for Health and Safety and provide assistant to the Trust Management team in devising a Health and Safety Strategy that meets the health and safety legislative requirements. Working in partnership with the Trust’s Risk Management the post holder will make a major contribution to securing a centre of excellence for health and safety and risk management across the Trust.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Take lead responsibility for the Trust’s Health and Safety Policies and act as the main point of contact as the Trust’s ‘’Competent Person’’ as defined within health and safety legislation.
- To Lead the Trust’s annual Health and Safety Improvement Programme.
- Responsible for reporting injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences (RIDDORs) externally to the HSE.
- To enter information into the Datix Incident System accurately, to view accident investigation reports and to report incidents to the HSE in a timely manner in accordance with RIDDOR 2013.
- Provide timely and regular progress and performance reports to the Director of Governance for submission to the Trust Board and senior management team demonstrating compliance with legislation and key performance indicators.
- To develop the Health and Safety plan and annual report.
- To assist the Risk Manager and Director of Governance to determine appropriate responses in relation to changes in Health & Safety legislation and any recommendations made by enforcement agencies, ensuring that all relevant people take the required action.
- To support the Risk Manager in ensuring that all Health and Safety risks are recorded in the Corporate, Divisional or local risk registers as appropriate.
- To ensure reporting of these risks within the appropriate committee meeting structure.
- NEBOSH Qualification or equivalent.
- NHS Background.
- Ability to travel on site.
If you would like to apply and have a confidential conversation about this position, then please don’t hesitate to contact Alex Knott at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV, alternatively you can contact on 07870 898061.