We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an interim Associate Director of Operations for the CSS, Women & Children division. This role will be for 3- 6 months and is based on site.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at Band 9+ per day.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Drive service improvement to achieve efficiency gains and improve the operational effectiveness of the CSS, Women & Children’s Division;
- To be responsible for hospital-wide compliance of national targets for the services;
- Accountable for key hospital wide policies of care access and delivery;
- Provide strong local leadership balancing strategic plans with operational needs and robust delivery;
- Financial responsibility for implementing services in line with financial strategy and SOPs;
- Provide strategic leadership in ensuring that appropriate systems and processes are in place to enable staff to deliver high quality patient care;
- Responsible for defining divisional objectives to meet corporate goals, and ensuring that quality standards are met and performance addressed where this is not the case;
- Ensure key national and local performance targets are achieved by the relevant Services by planning resources linked to the Business Plan and SLA’s and Divisional Delivery Agreement;
- Preparation, agreement and monitoring of the divisional and service line budgets, and ensure services are delivered efficiently;
- Lead and develop an operational culture and environment which enables the safe, efficient and effective delivery of patient care and services, which are consistent and align to the strategic direction of the organisation;
- Recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure the division can deliver its business plan;
- Ensuring service quality;
- Line management responsibility for operational management staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- First Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstratable experience working in a similar position within an Acute NHS provider setting at Band 9 or over;
- Proven track record of leadership, managing redesign, organisational change, service activity and service reconfiguration within a large and complex organisation.
If you are interested in the role, please send me a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.