We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an interim Divisional Director of Operations for Surgery & Planned Care services. This role will be for 3 months and is based on site.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at band 9+ per day.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Divisional Director in the leadership of the Surgery and Planned Care division;
- Provide high-level Operational and strategic Business Planning and leadership to ensure that the Division provides high quality patient care and achieves its Performance objectives;
- Interpret and deliver overall health service policy and strategy;
- Drive the Operational Performance and strategic development of the Clinical Directorates, including for the delivery of high quality patient care, clinical governance, patient safety, clinical quality, and delivery of financial targets.
- Drive forward corporate and cross-cutting programmes of work and service direction;
- Work closely with the Divisional Director to shape and implement the corporate objectives for the organisation;
- Facilitate greater working across the Healthcare Community, working closely with them to institute integrated working in the best interests of patient care;
- Support the Divisional Director to align the Division more closely with the organisation;
- Introduce new and innovative business management strategies to maximise the organisational efficiency and effectiveness of the Division;
- Challenge existing practices, ensuring that progressive solutions, which take into account models of best practice, are incorporated into service plans;
- Develop and implement effective reporting arrangements within Directorate Management teams to accurately record and monitor performance against local and national targets;
- Ensure compliance with financial procedures and Standing Financial Instructions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- First Degree or equivalent experience;
- Demonstratable experience working in a similar position within an Acute NHS provider setting at Band 9 or over;
- Proven track record of leadership, managing redesign, organisational change, service activity and service reconfiguration within a large and complex organisation.
If you are interested in the role, please send me a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.