We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an interim Divisional Director of Operations for Medicine, ED & Patient Flow. This role will be for 3 months and is based on site.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at Band 9+ per day.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Medicine, ED & Patient Flow services, ensuring that all local and national targets are achieved and a safe, high quality service is maintained at all times;
- Provide the operational contribution to the organisations corporate plan and to the achievement of corporate objectives;
- Promote a culture of collaboration with clinical and non-clinical colleagues and develop innovative and credible approaches to user involvement;
- Actively contribute to all major activities of the Executive and in the exercise of corporate decision-making and responsibilities;
- Proactively develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Deploy operational managers to ensure delivery of high quality service;
- Ensure that all services are provided to a high standard and a consistent look and feel;
- Identify service delivery issues, requirements or areas of underperformance and take the necessary action to resolve;
- Monitor expenditure against Directorate budgets to ensure the achievement of financial targets, taking appropriate action to resolve any budgetary issues;
- Ensure value for money and greater efficiency is obtained from Directorate budgets.
- Lead all aspects of operational management within the Division providing performance reports and monitoring information to stakeholders and board as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- First Degree or equivalent experience;
- Demonstratable experience working in a similar position within an Acute NHS provider setting at Band 9 or over;
- Proven track record of leadership, managing redesign, organisational change, service activity and service reconfiguration within a large and complex organisation.
If you are interested in the role, please send me a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.