We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an interim Executive Director for Integrated Delivery. This role will be for between 6 and 12 months and follows a hybrid working solution.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at a competitive day rate commensurate with a VSM banding.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the successful system wide operational delivery and performance of all primary, community and secondary clinical and clinical support services;
- Provide operational leadership and management with particular emphasis on implementing cross organisation agreements such as revised pathways and new models of care;
- Executive leadership and responsibility for effective day to day management of clinical and clinical support services;
- Work in partnership with stakeholders at board level with professional and health improvement accountabilities in driving and sustaining Operational Performance Management;
- Pool resources with colleagues in partner organisations, including Local Authorities in driving and sustaining well-being and treatment services;
- Ensure alignment of Operational plans to the delivery of Strategic Objectives, including the achievement of financial balance;
- Ensure implementation of cross-organisational agreements, including where standard pathways have been agreed;
- Recognise the assurance roles of Executive Director colleagues and work collaboratively with them to ensure required standards are delivered;
- Work effectively in partnership with other members of the Senior Management Group, to ensure a corporate approach to the delivery and outcome of clinical services;
- Develop and maintain effective mechanisms of communication across the healthcare footprint, ensuring engagement of stakeholders across primary, secondary, mental health & specialist services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Masters degree qualification or equivalent experience gained over a number of years;
- Demonstratable experience working in a similar position within a Healthcare provider setting at senior board level/VSM;
- Experience of operational and capacity planning to meet organisational performance targets;
- Ability to drive change through improvement and transformational mechanisms in order to deliver improve patient outcomes;
- Proven track record of producing high quality results in the management and leadership of operations in a large organisation, preferably within the NHS;
- An understanding of clinical engagement with evidence of methodology and experience of implementation.
If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.