We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an interim Head of Emergency Preparedness Response and Resilience. This role will be for 12 months in the first instance and will follow a hybrid working solution.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at £400 - £500 per day.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the organisation meets its statutory obligations under the CCA and complies with all relevant EPRR guidance for the NHS, including non-statutory guidance that accompanies the CCA and also for business continuity and resilience preparedness;
- Develop and deliver the organisations Emergency Preparedness and Resilience function, improve standards of such preparedness across the organisation and provide leadership on specialist emergency preparedness and resilience issues;
- Guarantee that the organisation has a robust Major Incident Plan to support an emergency situation requiring a Strategic Coordinating Group level response, including supporting On Call Packs. Develop and implement action plans to address any potential gaps in this response;
- Advise all departments to make major decisions, including implementing their major incident plans;
- Ensure that the organisation has robust systems in place to manage a major incident, appropriately equipped facilities and logistical arrangements to support officers working from the Strategic Coordinating Group;
- Maintain major incident and business continuity plans within the organisation;
- Ensure that EPRR corporate responsibilities are met and provide assurance to the Board that it complies with relevant legislation and guidance;
- Develop and contribute to professional relationships within the organisation, with other commissioners and NHS funded organisations and multi-agency partners that facilitate the continual development of EPRR arrangements;
- Lead the development and implementation of EPRR delivery plans.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level qualification or have demonstratable experience working in a similar position, gained over a number of years;
- Extensive experience in Emergency Planning and Business Continuity within an Acute Trust environment;
- Project management knowledge and skills to enable objectives to be delivered.
If you are interested in the role, please email Toni Coates with a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.