Interim Deputy Director of Performance Improvement
- East of England
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Acute Trust
- Job Type
- Strategy & Commercial, Director
We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an interim Deputy Director of Performance Improvement. This role will be for 6 months initially, though could extend.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at a competitive rate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Direct and manage the organisation's performance improvement function;
- Provide expert and professional leadership of the organisation's improvement services;
- Develop and implement performance improvement strategies;
- Improve performance to ensure the organisation achieves metrics agreed within annual plan and the performance framework;
- Development of an enhanced performance improvement function by implementing new and improved techniques, providing guidance, coaching and training at all levels;
- Provide a robust performance management function to monitor, sustain and improve the organisations performance against agreed national and local targets;
- Run the overall performance reporting framework for the organisation to ensure best practice integrated performance management and reporting;
- Manage the design and implementation of best in class performance management systems and processes ensuring accessible data is available for staff at all levels to effectively inform decision- making;
- Lead on the approach to use benchmarking data and recognised best practice to support improvement;
- Lead the supporting of colleagues in understanding and addressing variances and where there is deviation from agreed performance levels, support in ensuring improvement plans are developed and delivered;
- Manage a complex set of relationships, challenges and innovations to contribute to service transformation;
- Ensure that key stakeholders are appropriately informed about the planning and progress of all improvement activities and developments and produce reports as required, including reporting to appropriate Committees;
- Proactive engagement with external NHS organisations, ensuring that performance products are fit for purpose and enable effective reporting against performance management provider dashboards.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree level qualification or have demonstratable experience working in a similar position, gained over a number of years;
- Extensive experience at Deputy Director level overseeing and contributing to overall performance improvement within a NHS Healthcare environment;
- Experience of establishing and applying performance management systems.
If you are interested in the role, please email Toni Coates with a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.
Put simply, we help our clients to recruit the best possible people to lead, manage and direct their organisations. Since launching in 2005 we have become an award winning, market-leading consultancy focusing on both public and private sector Healthcare recruitment.
Leadership skills have rarely been at such a premium - as organisations across both public and private sectors attempt to improve services and standards at a time of widespread change and unprecedented financial constraints.
Like other leading executive recruiters, Finegreen has developed a pool of talent built up over many years, along with established networks, to ensure that right-match candidates get to hear about relevant positions. Where Finegreen differs from many others, is in its willingness to spend quality time with clients - to gain an in-depth knowledge of roles being filled and their importance to an organisation.
Over the last 17 years in the Healthcare market, Finegreen has developed into a Virgin Fast Track top 100 company - and was voted Recruiter of the Year at the Health Investor Awards, Top small to medium sized business at the Best Business Awards, and featured in Recruiter’s Top 10 Public Sector Recruitment providers.
- 0345 130 4006
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert