Interim Quality Lead NHS
- South East England, England
- £32.10 - £32.16 per hour
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Clinical Commissioning Group
- Job Type
- Governance & Risk Management, Manager
- The Quality Lead is an integral part of the Quality Team and will play a leading role within the ICB to establish robust and effective mechanisms that deliver quality assurance, the patient safety agenda and quality requirements
- In addition to delivering the quality assurance agenda, the post holder will support the Head(s) of Quality in effectively influencing provider performance and the quality aspect of the contracting cycle using a combination of subject matter expertise and technical skills. This includes production and co-ordination of reports, ensuring information analysis and quality surveillance is meaningful and robust.
- This role will also support the Head of Quality in providing clinical quality advice and input to clinicians and managers in the system for innovation and ensuring that the quality of patient experience and outcomes are at the heart of all commissioning and service redesign.
The Quality Lead will be required to communicate and work constructively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on a range of issues. The post holder will need to develop and nurture key relationships and networks including regional and national networks.
The Quality Lead will be required to present highly complex, sensitive and contentious information about projects, initiatives and services to a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of settings.
The Quality Lead will deputise for the Head of Quallity as required.
- Support the Head of Quality in leading the delivery of the patient safety and quality agenda particularly relating to clinical quality requirements i.e. patient experience, patient safety and clinically effective indicators, CQUINS and Quality Accounts
- Use these metrics as levers to influence planning of provider services to enhance quality and reinforce transformational change of service provision
- Provide expert advice on quality assurance, clinical governance and risk management topics and triangulation of quality data
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the collation and analysis of complex data to enable production of informed reports for the Governing Body(s) and associated committees, particularly the Quality Committee(s)
- Analyse complex data generated from both within the organisation and from other national sources in relation to provider organisations in order to inform and develop monitoring and assurance of national and local quality requirements. The analysis will require an experienced knowledge base supported by clinical quality and patient safety surveillance and performance analysis.
- Lead the management and facilitation of quality requirements into the contracting cycle for the ICB, working at all levels and externally with commissioned services and external agencies.
- Ensure that quality and patient safety is a key component of work in commissioning through effective matrix working with colleagues to ensure robust clinical quality and patient safety processes are reflected in service provision.
- Ensure that significant lapses in management of quality and patient safety are fully investigated, acted on promptly and wider learning is effectively shared. This will entail the review of distressing and emotional circumstances on a regular basis and may require dealing with potentially aggressive/antagonistic situations.
- Have oversight responsibility for aspects of the CCG's quality and clinical governance agenda, supporting the development of an effective quality and safety framework. Be a champion for quality, ensuring it remains a core focus within the CCG and across the whole health care system.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, communication, co-operation and engagement with ICBs, Providers and external national stakeholders.
- Provide scrutiny, analysis and challenge of highly complex, technical and sensitive clinical and non-clinical information and data from a range of sources (e.g. surveys, audits, reviews and investigations), incorporating benchmarking to make recommendations regarding quality. The post holder will ensure the quality team receive dedicated support from analysts with surveillance and performance requirements around the development of ongoing monitoring and reporting of quality requirements
- Interpret and assess the relevance of national policy and guidance, providing support to ICB governance teams regarding implementation and evaluation.
- Lead the co-ordination of quality related data from the performance and contracting, communication and engagement and performance management teams to ensure optimal monitoring and provision of comprehensive quality assurance and reporting.
- Use quality data to inform and agree the development and review of the quality schedules, national and local requirements with providers, aligning appropriate consequences to performance breaches
- Lead the process of review, development and negotiation of quality requirements throughout the year to ensure they are in line with the Strategic Commissioning Plan and national requirements, and are fit for purpose. Support the monitoring, development and improvement of services commissioned in relation to the quality agenda
- Ensure that quality is central to the ICB commissioning intentions, commissioning cycle and quality aspects of the cycle are completed within deadlines including the development and coordination of ICB processes to monitor and report on provider performance and ICB efficiency savings
- Ensure the annual programme for monitoring and assuring of quality requirements is in place for all contracts and the Clinical Quality Review Meetings feed into the wider contract management structure
- Support the Head(s) of Quality in the management of serious incidents and the sharing of learning from these incidents within the relevant contracts for whom the post holder is the quality lead and deputise as required in their absence
- Proactively provide feedback to Providers', ICB, the Area Team and other key stakeholders on key areas for improvement, challenge or further actions.
- Develop and encourage a culture of openness and transparency that responds rapidly to potential or actual failures.
- Develop and implement robust quality policies as required
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements
- Support the ICB analyst to develop and implement a system for monitoring quality and safety information and providers compliance on behalf of the ICB.
- Ensure that the learning from patient complaints and comments are integrated into ICB improvement strategies and plans.
- Ensure that patient experience is central to quality requirements and performance is monitored
- Lead co-ordination with PALS/Complaints teams to ensure outputs are incorporated into quality assurance reports
- Establish and sustain an information system/process for the monitoring of trends and themes from complaints, comments and compliments and ensuring that these are triangulated with incidents and quality intelligent data and the learning from this is embedded into the ICBs plans.
Practicus Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
To View our Privacy and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies, please visit the Practicus website @ www.practicus.com
Our mission is to change the way people feel about recruitment.
We find, introduce and support business problem solvers. One + Many is our guiding principle. It’s a simple way of defining how we work and deliver better – as a business and as individuals. We recruit, gain insights and share knowledge as a community. It’s how we demonstrate value to our clients. It’s how we attract great candidates. It’s how all of us come together to have an impact that’s greater than the sum of our parts.
One good person on their own can achieve great things, solve problems, pass on knowledge and make a huge impact.
One good person supported, inspired and helped by a community will achieve more. Good people, made better.
- 01491 577122
Remenham Church Lane
Henley on Thames
Apply for Interim Quality Lead NHS
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert