Interim Deputy Director of Operations - Specialist Medicine
- East of England
- £400 - £450 per day
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Acute Trust
- Job Type
- Operations & Performance
We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an Interim Divisional Director of Operations for the Specialist Medicine division. This role will be for 5 months in the first instance and has potential for extension.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated between £400 - £450 per day dependant on experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the standardisation of services across all relevant specialities to the best possible level, so that patients experience high quality care;
- Lead on the planning, development and delivery of services to ensure that there is a common understanding of capacity and demand with clear operational plans to deliver the best in care in the most appropriate settings;
- Planning and managing services to ensure the best possible use of resources. This will include income opportunities, reducing run-rate, delivering cost improvement programmes and delivering the recommendations from benchmarking tools;
- Leading the development of a sustainable workforce across multiple disciplines that is fit for the future within their area of responsibility;
- Working with system partners to put in place clinical pathways that care for patients in the most appropriate settings, and reducing inappropriate or avoidable demand for acute services;
- All aspects of operational performance of the Division whilst maintaining quality standards and for ensuring the implementation and maintenance of good governance arrangements;
- Ensure robust financial management systems and processes are in place to optimally utilise the divisional budget and resources;
- Ensure that the division meets the agreed annual plan encompassing all aspects of planned activity, income, expenditure and cost improvement;
- Guarantee the division operates an effective staff development process across the services engendering a culture that reflects the values of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree level qualification in Management or have demonstratable experience working in a similar position, gained over a number of years;
- Extensive experience at Deputy Director level overseeing Specialist Medicine in an Acute Trust environment;
- Significant track record of operational achievement and service improvement;
- Significant experience of leading service and/or transformational change;
- Considerable experience of building and managing relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders.
If you are interested in the role, please email Toni Coates with a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.
Put simply, we help our clients to recruit the best possible people to lead, manage and direct their organisations. Since launching in 2005 we have become an award winning, market-leading consultancy focusing on both public and private sector Healthcare recruitment.
Leadership skills have rarely been at such a premium - as organisations across both public and private sectors attempt to improve services and standards at a time of widespread change and unprecedented financial constraints.
Like other leading executive recruiters, Finegreen has developed a pool of talent built up over many years, along with established networks, to ensure that right-match candidates get to hear about relevant positions. Where Finegreen differs from many others, is in its willingness to spend quality time with clients - to gain an in-depth knowledge of roles being filled and their importance to an organisation.
Over the last 17 years in the Healthcare market, Finegreen has developed into a Virgin Fast Track top 100 company - and was voted Recruiter of the Year at the Health Investor Awards, Top small to medium sized business at the Best Business Awards, and featured in Recruiter’s Top 10 Public Sector Recruitment providers.
- 0345 130 4006
Apply for Interim Deputy Director of Operations - Specialist Medicine
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert