Interim Senior Ophthalmology Lead
- South East England
- Interim - Band 8c
- Closing date
- 31 May 2023
- Acute Trust
- Job Type
- Operations & Performance, Manager of Operations
We are working with an NHS Trust who are seeking to appoint an Interim Senior Ophthalmology Lead. This role will be for 6 months in the first instance and has the potential to extend. The Trust are looking for someone who could start quickly.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at a day rate commensurate with Band 8c and will be c£375 per day dependent on experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Mobilisation of new aligned service provision across the footprint;
- Develop and implement procedures and policies to improve service provision, ensuring relevant links and application where relevant across the Trust;
- Manage the operational implementation of new service initiatives, including liaising with
- stakeholders, writing operational policies and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the local and national clinical and policy context relating to services and facilitate the development of the Division’s services in line with these requirements;
- Participate actively in, and lead where appropriate and agreed, contract management processes for all services;
- Work closely and effectively with Specialty Leads, Clinical Nurse Leaders, and other key staff for each service to ensure a robust multi-disciplinary approach to service management is achieved;
- Lead on all GIRFT projects across the clinical service; This includes responding to data / information requests ahead of assessment meetings and subsequently managing the implementation of any service improvement recommendations from the national GIRFT team;
- Maintain a close and detailed overview of all aspects of service demand and capacity to ensure that an efficient balance is maintained; This includes producing sound business cases for service investment, and effectively and sensitively reducing service resources where this is shown to be possible.
The ideal candidate will have:
- First degree or equivalent level of study;
- Masters level degree or equivalent knowledge gained through healthcare management experience;
- Successful recent track record of NHS operational management experience covering multiple specialties;
- Strong background in individual and team management and leadership within the NHS;
- Contract management and mobilisation of new services;
- Service review and redesign, carried out whilst maintaining operational standards.
If you are interested in the role, please email Toni Coates with a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.
Put simply, we help our clients to recruit the best possible people to lead, manage and direct their organisations. Since launching in 2005 we have become an award winning, market-leading consultancy focusing on both public and private sector Healthcare recruitment.
Leadership skills have rarely been at such a premium - as organisations across both public and private sectors attempt to improve services and standards at a time of widespread change and unprecedented financial constraints.
Like other leading executive recruiters, Finegreen has developed a pool of talent built up over many years, along with established networks, to ensure that right-match candidates get to hear about relevant positions. Where Finegreen differs from many others, is in its willingness to spend quality time with clients - to gain an in-depth knowledge of roles being filled and their importance to an organisation.
Over the last 17 years in the Healthcare market, Finegreen has developed into a Virgin Fast Track top 100 company - and was voted Recruiter of the Year at the Health Investor Awards, Top small to medium sized business at the Best Business Awards, and featured in Recruiter’s Top 10 Public Sector Recruitment providers.
- 0345 130 4006
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert