Director of Midwifery
- Would welcome Interim/Secondment or FTC applications
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Acute Trust
- Job Type
- Nursing, Director of Nursing, Director of Midwifery
Accountable for leading and ensuring safe, high quality maternity, midwifery and gynaecology care for the local population. Providing professional leadership, strategic planning and operational delivery of the Trust’s Maternity Services.
- Represent midwifery and maternity issues at Trust Board level providing expert advice to the Executive Team and Board Directors in relation to local and national requirements in providing safe, accessible maternity services;
- Ensure appropriate links are in place and represent the Trust across both local and system wide health and social care services (i.e. Local Maternity and Neonatal system);
- Provide visible leadership and direction the Director of Midwifery in partnership with the Care Group Senior Leadership Team is responsible for developing service strategies and ensuring compliance with national and local system standards;
- The Director of Midwifery is a member of the Chief Nurse Team, working with the Chief Nurse to develop and implement the Trust wide standards to improve care and experience of patients;
- Provide expert clinical advice and interpretation of national policy to the Trust and associated agencies including LMNS, Integrated Care System, Health and Wellbeing Boards;
- Responsible for professional leadership of the maternity workforce and setting standards of midwifery practice across the Care Group;
- Contribute to specific strategic trust plans and external projects which impact on maternity care helping to drive system change through working with partner organisations.
- Current Registered Midwife status with the NMC , ideally hold additional qualification in relation to teaching/or practice education;
- Able to demonstrate up-to-date clinical expertise and competence and expert proven knowledge of Maternity Services;
- Extensive demonstrable experience in leading maternity services at very senior level;
- Demonstrating highly credible clinical and operational leadership as part of a maternity and neonatal senior triumvirate/ leadership team;
- Evidenced experience of being able to empower, hold accountable, motivate and inspire others to drive change;
If you are interested in this role, please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email email@example.com
Put simply, we help our clients to recruit the best possible people to lead, manage and direct their organisations. Since launching in 2005 we have become an award winning, market-leading consultancy focusing on both public and private sector Healthcare recruitment.
Leadership skills have rarely been at such a premium - as organisations across both public and private sectors attempt to improve services and standards at a time of widespread change and unprecedented financial constraints.
Like other leading executive recruiters, Finegreen has developed a pool of talent built up over many years, along with established networks, to ensure that right-match candidates get to hear about relevant positions. Where Finegreen differs from many others, is in its willingness to spend quality time with clients - to gain an in-depth knowledge of roles being filled and their importance to an organisation.
Over the last 17 years in the Healthcare market, Finegreen has developed into a Virgin Fast Track top 100 company - and was voted Recruiter of the Year at the Health Investor Awards, Top small to medium sized business at the Best Business Awards, and featured in Recruiter’s Top 10 Public Sector Recruitment providers.
- 0345 130 4006
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert