Interim Head of PMO
- South East England
- Interim - Between £375 and £450 a day
- Closing date
- 9 Jun 2023
- Acute Trust, Community Foundation Trust
- Job Type
- Strategy & Commercial
We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an Interim Head of PMO. This role will be for 6 months in the first instance and has the potential to extend. The organisation are looking for someone who could start ASAP.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at a day rate between £375 and £450 per day dependent on experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the delivery of the Cost Improvement Programme (CIP) and strategic transformation initiatives;
- Responsible for providing support to the PMO to deliver high quality information, to support prioritisation of project deliverables, progress of these projects and highlighting any risks and benefits associated with these projects;
- Working closely with the organisation directorate and divisional management teams on a regular basis;
- Leadership of the PMO team;
- Ensure systems are in place to enable effective planning and scheduling;
- Manage project controls, reporting to the PMO managers about the project status. Develop project performance reports. Maintain and monitor action logs, track project tasks, risks, issues, dependencies and milestones;
- Ensure organisational tasks are carried out efficiently. Manage compliance of the programme against quality, financial, and operational controls. Support the general running of the programme management office;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of programme management tools and documents;
- Manage and engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Track project savings and contribute to their definition and compilation within CIP schemes. Contribute to the project business case where applicable;
- Identification and monitoring of programme and project risks, issues and interdependencies.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Educated to degree level or demonstrable equivalent experience gained;
- Significant experience training/experience in programme management;
- Experience working as a PMO manager, preferably in an NHS setting;
- Programme and/or Project Management experience including the development of project management frameworks, monitoring, and review processes;
- Credible experience delivering objectives to timescales and finding innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Proven successful planning and organising experience;
- Stakeholder management in complex change scenarios.
If you are interested in the role, please email Toni Coates with a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.
Put simply, we help our clients to recruit the best possible people to lead, manage and direct their organisations. Since launching in 2005 we have become an award winning, market-leading consultancy focusing on both public and private sector Healthcare recruitment.
Leadership skills have rarely been at such a premium - as organisations across both public and private sectors attempt to improve services and standards at a time of widespread change and unprecedented financial constraints.
Like other leading executive recruiters, Finegreen has developed a pool of talent built up over many years, along with established networks, to ensure that right-match candidates get to hear about relevant positions. Where Finegreen differs from many others, is in its willingness to spend quality time with clients - to gain an in-depth knowledge of roles being filled and their importance to an organisation.
Over the last 17 years in the Healthcare market, Finegreen has developed into a Virgin Fast Track top 100 company - and was voted Recruiter of the Year at the Health Investor Awards, Top small to medium sized business at the Best Business Awards, and featured in Recruiter’s Top 10 Public Sector Recruitment providers.
- 0345 130 4006
Apply for Interim Head of PMO
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert