Interim Deputy Director of Strategy & Planning
- South East England
- Interim - Band 8d/9
- Closing date
- 9 Jun 2023
- Acute Trust, Community Foundation Trust
- Job Type
- Strategy & Commercial
We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an Interim Deputy Director of Strategy & Planning. This role will be for 6 months in the first instance and has the potential to extend. The organisation are looking for someone who could start by the beginning of June.
This is an interim role that falls under the Workforce Alliance Framework and should be expected to be remunerated at a day rate between £450 and £550 per day dependent on experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To lead and develop the organisational strategic framework, corporate strategy and key enabling strategies, ensuring alignment between Directorates (clinical and non-clinical) plans and the wider organisation as well as providing an on-going review of the external landscape and policy and whether it necessitates iteration or change in the organisation’s approach;
- Develop and embed a business planning process that leads to credible and deliverable operational plans within the organisation that ensure delivery of the strategy and critical measures of success;
- Drive corporate strategy development over 1-5 year planning horizons and assist the Business Development team in developing strategy for new business;
- Support the development of a cohesive approach to corporate performance management within the organisation that encourages and nurtures continuous improvement;
- Develop a development plan for the Strategy and Planning function that serves the organisation’s needs now and in the future, developing a clear role for the PMO to prioritise and support strategic priorities;
- Work in partnership to develop innovative approaches to service delivery or improvements at a system-level and in response to national initiatives and policies;
- Deputise for the Director of Strategy across the full range of their duties, including attending Board meetings and leading work on their behalf;
- Lead designated teams/ staff within the Strategy Unit ensuring that an appropriate infrastructure is in place to support the delivery of strategic programmes in line with corporate objectives and stakeholder expectations;
- Provide strategic leadership to the Strategy & Planning function, championing staff engagement, leadership and development both within the team and across the Trust.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Professional knowledge acquired through a masters degree or equivalent;
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of service and organisational transformation tools, techniques and methodologies;
- Between 5 and 10 years senior management experience at Board or sub board level in a healthcare organisation
- Proven track record of leading and delivering complex service change;
- Strong track record of promoting and delivering organisational and transformational change;
- Ability to lead a team and work effectively in a multi disciplinary setting.
If you are interested in the role, please email Toni Coates with a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.
Put simply, we help our clients to recruit the best possible people to lead, manage and direct their organisations. Since launching in 2005 we have become an award winning, market-leading consultancy focusing on both public and private sector Healthcare recruitment.
Leadership skills have rarely been at such a premium - as organisations across both public and private sectors attempt to improve services and standards at a time of widespread change and unprecedented financial constraints.
Like other leading executive recruiters, Finegreen has developed a pool of talent built up over many years, along with established networks, to ensure that right-match candidates get to hear about relevant positions. Where Finegreen differs from many others, is in its willingness to spend quality time with clients - to gain an in-depth knowledge of roles being filled and their importance to an organisation.
Over the last 17 years in the Healthcare market, Finegreen has developed into a Virgin Fast Track top 100 company - and was voted Recruiter of the Year at the Health Investor Awards, Top small to medium sized business at the Best Business Awards, and featured in Recruiter’s Top 10 Public Sector Recruitment providers.
- 0345 130 4006
Apply for Interim Deputy Director of Strategy & Planning
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert